Sunday, April 29, 2012

Where I Stand Sunday and New Pastels

Just about ready to drop these crutches - maybe by tomorrow.
This isn't easy for me.
I have just a speck of faith in my muscles, which are being exercised several times a day.  PT is great - everyone should have PT in their life. 
When I get all done with this rehab,
I hope to maintain a regimen of daily exercise which includes
bone and muscle strengthening.
This older body of mine, can't take another break like this one.
Tuesday I get to exercise in the Therapy POOL!!

Here is the finished pastel from last week.
"Along the Walkway - Atitlan Gardens"
(seems I like to name everything with the word 'sunshine' lately,
can you believe I was thinking in the "Atitlan Sunshine"?)
8" x 9"
pastel on Canson

I have a new 'grandpuppy' - Wally - who is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever
and lives in Colorado, so I haven't seen him yet. 
From his photos he is a doll and a half and
seems to be growing like a weed.
I couldn't resist capturing his early puppyhood.
Dig those moss colored green eyes?

"Wally"
9" x 12" pastel
on Strathmore pastel paper
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing.
Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on.
There are several others who also write this on Sunday, see sidebar.

 

3 comments:

Victoria on Okinawa said...

What great good news! So glad to hear you will be letting go of those crutches and that PT is helping you! Good new work on your easel too!

Mark Bridges said...

Wally looks great. Hope you can fly solo today.

Pattie Wall said...

Maybe six steps at a time, but in no way am I to 'gimp' - so no long distances, but 6 little steps at a time? That is what is happening in the last 24 hours. Yeah! Thanks for stopping by Vic and Mark!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!