Sunday, November 22, 2009

Where I Stand Sunday

whereistandcreek
Just about every year, when the rains are heavy, our lower property gets flooded. We know what causes a lot of the problem.  We also have a ‘well’ located in the area that gets flooded…so to alleviate some of our concerns, we have been working on clearing the log and limb jams from the unkempt creek area as it winds it’s way through our wooded property.  With (can't believe I had the word "out" right here - glad I have a proofreader!) use of tractor, chain, chainsaw, and lugging big pieces out of the way – we are making headway against the elements.  Below are some of the way it is and the way it was…we still have many to unjam…but while it’s still not too cold and not snowing or raining we will chop away at it, little by little.
creekjam creekjam2
creekjam3 creekjam4
creekjam5
Interesting what you find in the creek.  Old tires, aluminum drums…there is more littering in this area today, as well as yesterday, there doesn’t seem to be an ordinance against it.  That big pointed log, is one that we drug out with the tractor.  Part of the problem is the trees growing right in the creek…they are slowly being taken down, also.  Painting?  I’m doing some. On my way to the studio right now!
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. If you'd like to join me by posting a photo on Sunday of places you've been on your blog/photo hosting site/website, leave a comment on this post telling me where I can find you/your photo and I'll add a link to my sidebar so others can find you.



No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!