Sunday, March 28, 2010

Where I Stood...

This is getting to be difficult for me. When Sunday rolls around, I am often right here on the farmstead...not going nowheres...☺. So I have decided since I DO go other places and sometimes they are fairly interesting, I would do more of "Where I Stood...".  Last week I went to a neighboring town to have coffee with my friend Jan.  Along Highway 281 there is this little...
plaque, attached to a star shaped base of a mini-replica of...

Lady Liberty.  Notice the star platform.  It stands way up on a hill...

looking down on the flats below.

The wind blows (it usually does here)...the trees swish and sway...

and one can spy the Prairie Palaces in the distance.
It's one of those many places to sit by yourself and reflect and listen and breathe.
On a side note, the great little coffee shop that
we (my friend and I) have been hanging our art in is closing. 
April 30th is their last day.  We love that little place and will miss it terribly.  The owners also have a Bed and Breakfast, and have difficulty running it all at once.  So it's up for sale...hope someone buys it that wants to keep it a coffee shop. 
The atmosphere is class-A and the owner people are genuinely the best!
Ain't that the way it goes?

1 comment:

Art Trip said...

Fun photos! Thanks for posting!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!