Sunday, September 18, 2011

Where I Stand Sunday

Time to harvest the popcorn.  I planted 'white' and 'blue'.  White was done, sad that bugs had devoured the ends.  Blue was almost done, I picked it anyway. Their shucks have been pulled back and they are laying on the trailer bed in the sun to dry a little before I hang them in the studio by their husks.

A little bit in the basket, just as I started taking photos for today.

Cleared out some mini-gourds, as well.  Most of these were from a volunteer crop.
I love how they are each a little different.  Glad it was a little overcast when I started..kept the flies at bay for awhile.  Those deer flies are still around.
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing.
Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on.
There are several others who also write this on Sunday, see sidebar.

1 comment:

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Awesome start of harvest and subjects to paint for you! If you have the time, maybe you could stop by my blog and see what I've been up to lately too. Thank you.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!