Sunday, June 2, 2013

Painting My Favorite Person


Self Portrait - the Spikey Years
6" x 8" on Raymar canvasboard

Yesterday, I watched a YouTube video - several times to work on mixing colors in oil for portraiture with artist Brian Neher's tutorial.  I used his palette to paint this self-portrait from a photo I took
of myself in the days when I had short spikey hair - "the Spikey Years".
Fun to paint - not as frustrating when you have most of your colors mixed and ready to mix, value-wise.
These are just the little dribs I mixed, I later mixed larger amounts of certain colors.
Onward to paint another one, while paints are still wet and viable.





1 comment:

Helen H Trachy said...

Great portrait and I love the complemented colors you used. Happy painting!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!