Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Clouds - Pastel - WIP


There is a special Moonlight Madness sale in a nearby town each year - Downs, Kansas . In addition to the sale, local merchants host several fine artists who set-up displays of their paintings in hosting storefronts and are encouraged to demonstrate their art.  There was a Halloween party for kids at the Community Center, and a Bake Sale on the street.  I set-up in a store called 'Timeless Treasures' - a really outstanding used furniture and collectibles store on Morgan Ave.  I took my pastels along and started this 'clouds' pastel on Wallis sandpaper.  It rained, but there were shoppers.  All in all, glad I attended.  Lots of interest, got to see several art friends I hadn't seen in a long while and a couple of sales - which is always good!!
The first layer of this painting is almost there...onto more layers - coming soon.

2 comments:

Leann said...

Very moody, I like where it is going.

Pattie Wall said...

I second that emotion - thanks!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!