It amazed me - when I recently dragged out a bunch of unframed art to show a client I saw a blatant need for some do-overs and correcting on some of my paintings - starting with this one - which I think was a little photoshopped to make it look better when I finished it the first time. Glad I took it off of 'selling sites'as it was really tweaked from what it actually looked like - that just happens sometimes.
The background in this original painting was about the same value as the flowers and leaves, the reds didn't seem to pop as much as they do in the photo above and there seemed to be no contrast,
so I added some lighter background today.
I liked the first one, but when you looked at it, it all seemed like a dark jungle.
I like it better now, I don't know that this photo does it justice.
I also tackled the wrapped edges of three larger paintings, that I never had dealt with before - as the surfaces were so wet with oil paint when I finished them. It's a little tricky matching the same color on the sky or a field surface, for instance, for a wrap around
but I am liking how they turned out.