Wednesday, March 2, 2016

An Oil Painting of Flowers for Today

"Ranunculus"
8" x 8"
oil on canvasboard
I took a short break in the studio action
within this last week and went to KC
to visit my dad.
I thought since the weather was cooperative, 
I would hit the road and make it
a quick one.
I attended the monthly MAPS meeting while
there and watched a demo by artist Jerry Brown.
He is a pastel and watercolor artist.
I always take away something very
worth the 'watch'.  Waiting for
some supplies to arrive to 
attempt some awesome cloud formations
in pastel!

These Ranunculus are my daughter's (A+ floral designer)
favorites.  I often get great source photos from her.
I tried sticking to large brushes, leaving some of
my red toning of the canvas
show through.  I love that effect.

Decided to take the challenge of these beauties - white
flowers have so many shades of shadows and lights, when
you really get down to looking at them.




No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!