Saturday, July 2, 2016

Happy Fourth of July!!


"The SPARKLER by the BONFIRE"
9" x 12"
pastel on pumiced and toned gatorboard

All year long, the seasons approach, the holidays fall right into the 
mix of days. Sometimes I think ahead to DO a painting 
that fits the oncoming holiday - just for 'festivities sake'!

Luck be, this year sitting right on my easel when I returned from
our trip west was a photo of my cousin
long ago at a Fourth of July family reunion.
It was dusk, the bonfire had been lit, the kids were out and about
with sparklers and I caught her enjoying her 'light' there.

It has been one of my favorite photos and I always
knew I would tackle it one day.
I was recently experimenting with black toned pumice
and thought what a great beginning to an already
'dark' event.  

It worked out just the way I wanted it!
Have a Happy and safe FOURTH!!



3 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Patti,
I enjoyed reading your blog and viewing your work! Love your oil paintings and the style you are using in the pastel work with the ''underpainting' of warm colors. What a wonderful studio!

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you Jane! I appreciate your visit and your nice comments!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!