Friday, September 9, 2016

Goldilocks on the Run

"Goldilocks and the Three Bears"
inspired by Cinnamon Cooney
12" x 16"
watercolor and acrylic on Arches coldpress

During this month one of the 'Ever After' lessons is Goldilocks and 
the Three Bears in a dream setting. 
 I took the liberty to 
change up the girl.  
She was painted as crying.  I didn't see her as the crying type.  
I figure she was pretty much
a brave sort of girl..so here she is after being 
awakened in Baby Bear's bed, disheveled
and on the run through the forest to get away, besides 
I LOVE painting flying hair!




6 comments:

Laurie Mueller said...

I love this whole series, Pattie! Good for you for stopping the crying!

Pattie Wall said...

Ha ha, don't paint crying too well - my heroines are always strong women! Two more months of this series..trying to imagine getting another subject in, but I think I will stay ever so focused on this for the learning's sake! Thanks Laurie!

Barbara Pask said...

Wow patty this is such a cool piece. You are so talented, you work so well in all mediums.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Barb...practice, practice, practice, right?

James Richardson said...

I really like the cohesion of all the various images. And especially digging the bears. Fantastic job!

Pattie Wall said...

Wow - thanks for visiting James! Being done in a class, this is almost an exact copy of the instructor's piece. Although I changed Goldilocks quite a bit. It is a class in style development and although I am pretty sure my style is solid, I still get so many comments that my work is so diverse, which is OK, but playing around with STYLE in mind, may solidify it more completely perhaps. YOU definitely have a wonderful style!