Monday, March 20, 2017

Organically Speaking

"Poppy I"
watercolor - with a variety of tweaks
In my online class with Tonja Sell, part of our lessons for this week
is watercolor on different papers using
our own hand made glue gun stencils, gauze, and saran wrap.
This is the precursor to a poppy done on UART
pastel sanded paper..which reacts a little differently 
to this method watercolor paper vs. pastel sandpaper.
I see that this was an important
lesson, so I could push the technique to
look similar on the sanded pastel paper.
It will probably take more layers than 
about the three that I have here.

2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Love the powerful color with that lovely background. Really beautiful, Pattie!

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Chris! I often have difficulty with using this much red, but I love it.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!