Monday, June 18, 2018

Carrying ON

Sad news, my class ended - abruptly - sometimes life happens to YOU 
and you have to accept it DOES to others, as well!  
Anyway, I have learned so much and my learning curve 
has jumped by leaps and bounds!!

I have such confidence going forward - I feel like I can tackle anything portrait wise
and that was exactly what I was looking for.

Here are a few of further works developed in the past few weeks.
BTW, have been painting the outside of my house along with this.
It is looking great, waiting for some new exterior shutters for the front
and am going to attempt a little bit of landscaping to improve it's drab
existence up to this point in it's life.

Charcoal done from a source photo provided from unsplash.com

This is Jake - my cousin.
Done in charcoal, and Dr/ Martin's No Bleed white.

I loved doing all the beard and hair and one of the
joys of using photos of people with sunglasses, is painting them 
and trying to capture the abstract
light or objects of what is reflected in them.  What made
this most fun was capturing his character
and I think I nailed it.


3 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Sorry your class ended so abruptly, Pattie. but it is obvious you were paying attention while you were there.
Awesome portraits!! Looking forward to seeing more!

Unknown said...

You really progressed from this class sorry it ended. What class were you taking, local or online? Yes, life happens to everyone what a blessing to have you state it so well and with heart! Looking forward to more great portraits from you! These portraits posted here are awesome! I really need to improve my portrait drawing skills too. I practice on my own but I can see by your progress I need to look into taking a class too, hopefully on line.

Pattie Wall said...

Sorry I missed these comments, hardly get comments so I forget to look here. This class was from an artist in the northeast US whose style I just love. I think I was about ready for a jumping off spot anyway. There comes a time when one has to step back and just practice what they have learned to acquire those skills and put to use their thinking..and I am there. It happened suddenly and that was the let down for me. I have an issue with continuity at this point, my art is on again, off again, with remodeling and fixing up and building we are doing, both of us are beginning to get anxious about winter and the underneath of this house not being addressed going into our second winter, each day we seem to ignore it by doing another project. I wish the HVAC gods would just come and take care of it...but, looks like we will eventually force the task. ha - stay tuned.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!