Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Add a Gallery


I have waited almost a year to get involved in the LOCAL art scene.  Having many issues on our house and property - I (we) have taken some time to address those things where I was needed as help and backup for many a project.  That has slowed enough now,  that I decided it was time to take a step forward.  It's part of what brought me here (back to Colorado, where I have spent most of my life - to Westcliffe), the ART SCENE.  

There are numerous ART opportunities and places in a town of about 500...being a hot tourist and getaway area in the warm months.  I chose "3rd Street Gallery" as my starting point and have joined the 'Sangres Art Guild' - I am only 15 minutes away.  My art is now hanging in the 'members' gallery on the second floor and I have entered three pieces in a month long show called "Wild Things" - right up MY ALLEY.  Show starts on the 26th of August.  Opening reception is September 1st, located at 59000 Highway 69 in Westcliffe, CO.  So excited!  The gallery is closed from Jan to May - as we all need some 'hunker down time' in the winter.  Many restaurants and shops close, as well.  A good production time in the studio - anyway - while wiling away the winter cold.  

There are artist 'painting get togethers' every Monday at the gallery, so you know where I will be on Mondays.  'Gallery sitting' will be on the agenda, as well.  I have my times already scheduled.  It is a perfectly and smoothly run business - no kinks - no hassle - just nice friendly people (of course, haven't met anyone that wasn't just super nice - here) - can't wait to be INVOLVED!  I now wonder, why I waited so long...but 'life' comes first, always. And I am elated beyond belief that I am back, living in a place that SUPPORTS the arts - I have new friends.

2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Ah, all seems right in your world. Happy days for you, Pattie!
Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures with the art guild. They are lucky to have you with them!

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you Chris! We have been so busy with the house, that it is refreshing to get snippets of art and the world of creating. Lots of talk about teaching classes, but I will refrain from that for now. Just want to paint.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!