Saturday, August 8, 2020

DIY and Pastel Practice

During the pandemic - DH and I thought it would be a great time to get going on some major outdoor projects.  I was right!  We have accomplished a couple of those projects to the point of 'finish' work.  It's ongoing. It takes time away from the studio, but it will be worth it in the winter to have these changes done.  Not easy to give up studio time for me, not only is it my time to create and get things done, artwise, but it is my sanctuary and place where I continue to ponder and pull myself together, to be who I am - that meditative space..important for everyone.

Back in the studio though is where I long to be.  Sharing a few paintings that I have entered into the latest 3rd Street Gallery show in town and a practice piece in pastel.  I have to give credit to a few photographers that graciously share their photos to be used  by artists on a group I belong to on Facebook..they are referred to as 'AR photo' (artist reference).  Lots of birds in my mind right now. LOVE birds!

"Barn Owl" watercolor, (AR Nicole Jenkins)

"Tree Swallows" pastel (AR Terry Colby)
"Golden" pastel (AR Ian White)



 

2 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Very nice, the barn owl's expression is thought provoking. Not the usual stare of an owl I'm use to seeing.Your painting adds a dimension of personality to the bird.

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you. I thought the owl had an unusual expression too.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!