Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Day to Paint

Today was supposed to be freezing rain after 'noon'. You can see we already had a dusting of snow. The rain hasn't started yet, but you can feel it in the air. This is the view out my north window in the studio.
I have been TRYING and AGONIZING over the double portrait for the last day and a half. Sometimes, it just wasn't meant to be. I bet I have wiped it off 5 times. Decided to move on to a different subject for now. Will revisit it later. Or maybe try a photo of them with more contrast.

In the meantime, I got permission from Lynn, to paint her little deary, Dooley. He is so cute, I just couldn't resist. I need to work a little more on the bottom below his collar, but otherwise, it is pretty well finished. There seems to be a little glow where the wet paint is. I love painting animals! They don't critique and never say what they don't like about a painting. LOL.

"Dooley" - 6" x 8" original oil

SOLD

It's TOO LATE for Christmas, but I am available to paint your pet's portrait. Email me and we can discuss what you need.

3 comments:

Leann said...

Wow!! It's Dooley!!

Fibra Artysta said...

How adorable! Excellent job!!! :)

Pattie Wall said...

You are lucky to have such a little charmer! Thanks for letting me use his pic, I still have one I want to try - for later.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!