Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's My 3rd...

581 posts, 15,101 visits, but who's counting?..lots of art, alot about life.  Some people do special things on their blog for their blogiversary. Sorry, nothing special planned..I will just say thanks for stopping by.  I started this blog because I moved away from the Denver area, where I lived most of my life and thought perhaps by writing about living here in Kansas and returning to being an artist would be one way to keep those I left there informed.  I never imagined I would keep it going this long - although it is waning these days.

It's funny how when you are out of an area for this amount of time (4 years), distance strains the relationships you left behind.   By writing this blog, so much is to be said for the power of it.  My world of friends/fellow artists/acquaintances has grown exponentially!  I want to thank those who have become "followers"/my audience - I hope to keep writing and posting so that you have a reason to visit.  I have seen that you can make a book from your blog posts - I may do that.  I have found it helpful to look back, when dates or events are being discussed - it's a good 'time reference'. 
Happy Blogiversary - spell check says that (blogiversary) is spelled incorrectly, but I bet that word isn't in the dictionary as of yet.

9 comments:

Angela Elledge said...

Congratulations, Pattie. Blogs are a great way to stay connected and meet new friends, I'm happy to say I've met several artists through blog world and we've become great friends. My father's long, lost cousin was doing an internet search trying to find family and through google, he stumbled upon a painting I did of my father's aunt (my great-aunt). Because of the painting, he recognized our aunt, contacted me and I was able to "introduce" him to the family, at this time only through facebook and e-mail, but nonetheless, connected because of the blog!

Earthula said...

Congratulations!

It would be a great book! Picture book.

Great to meet you here and I must say, I really must say, because I don't always say when I read them... that I love the Where I Stand Sundays.

Walk lightly upon this Earth. And notice where that tread is.

Thank you Pattie

Pattie Wall said...

And that is exactly why blogs are just the best tool for the written word, Angela! Thanks for sharing that great happening with your Dad's long lost cousin! Wow! Elaine - I know WISS - is a keeper, I try not to miss a one. I made a pact with myself and the others, to keep it going. Whether we think about it or not - there is always something interesting about where we gently stand.

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Blogratulations! 3 years is fantastic! I don't even know for sure when I started mine, HA! I know this past year I have posted more than I ever did any other year! Thanks for continuing to share thru your blog!

Leann said...

Congratulations!! We wouldn't be friends if it weren't for blogs, I'm sooo glad your here!

Vern Schwarz said...

Pattie, I'm so happy to have met you through painting and blogging, and send best wishes on this most recent anniversary. Joining this whole new world has been a great experience for me as well. Keep on painting and posting, you have a lot of fans.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Vern, Victoria and Leann - yes, I wouldn't know any of you, if it weren't for blogging. That makes it a very precious entity.

pattycooper said...

Hi Pattie,
Thanks for your comment on my blog and congratulations on your blogiversary. Susan Carlin is my sister and she pointed your blog out to me. Your blog help inspire me to blog about my art. I love your Granny Gray pastel. I'll bet she would have loved it also. Cheers!

Gwen Bell said...

Happy Blogiversary, Pattie...I'm so glad I know you! Looking forward to many more paintings.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!