Sunday, April 10, 2011

Where I Stand Sunday (and where I have been)

That stuff on the floor in front of me, it's becoming a 'blur' is all I can say.  I have been away. 
My mom had her second stomach surgery - just another component to the big 'C'. 

I have been with my dad and family while she came out of surgery last week..
and of course our taxes weren't done when I left.
Therefore I am back home trying to help get them done. 
It is excrutiating!! 
I don't enjoy it, don't know anyone who does except maybe an accountant. 

My mom has a long road to recovery ahead. 
I will be headed back that way again soon, 
to help where I can and to be with her while she regains her footing in the world. 
The doctor says 'baby steps' and I truly believe that.
She was in ICU for several days...
unaware of her surroundings. 
I find it interesting how with help, your body goes into it's healing mode. 
She will be there for many, many more days. 
We hope she can return home one day soon. 
I want her to know she is missing Spring - and she really loves Spring.  
So many pain meds, I am not sure she is aware of much.
Get well soon mom!  We need you back here with us! 

P.S. I will be taking my paints with me so
I can get some art going while we wait, I am hopeful.
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing.
Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on.
There are several others who also write this on Sunday, see sidebar.





4 comments:

Leann said...

Just be close by for her when you can. It is amazing how the body wants to recover. And file an extension so you don't have to worry about those stupid taxes right now!

Pattie Wall said...

Already over the hump on taxes, so onward...and yes, will return in a day or two...

Judy-in-nl said...

Best wishes to you and your mom and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Judy - I am back on the road today. She is finally able to speak a few words...I need to be there.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!