Sunday, November 13, 2011

Where I Stand Sunday

Walking back and forth to the studio the last few days.  Fall colors - chilly today.
Working on a birthday surprise...I don't think she will look here before I give this to her on her 50th birthday Tuesday.
Taken with my iPad...yesterday.



Taken with my Nikon - today..bright sun..I need to photograph again.  Not satisfied with this photo, but see where the painting needs a little nip and tuck - ha!
Now...there....that is much better!
Done in acrylic on an 8" x 10" Ampersand black gessobord. This photo bugs me so much, I may have to re-photo it at halftime - go Broncos!! 
Just glad they won!

4 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This sure is going to make someone very, very Happy on their 50th birthday, Pattie!

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks for stopping by Claire. I think it will. Looks just like her...and she is one of my heroes, a cancer survivor - kind, happy and full of life!

Vern Schwarz said...

Coming along great Pattie. Hope you are retaining some of those bold highlights in her coat as shown in the top photo. Love the light in that one.

Pattie Wall said...

Vern - this photo, no matter how hard I have tried, doesn't do the painting true. That light IS in the final painting. Painting presented, and tearfully loved from the get go. That is what makes it worth doing - right?

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!