Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Doodling with a Brush and Other Materials

I love being involved in learning online.  Right now I am involved in the free Online Visual Journaling Workshops through Strathmore Art Papers with Traci Bautista. 
This activity is just what I needed to kickstart this New Year. 

I haven't painted in a couple of weeks so I needed a little loosening up.  The above is done with my new Derwent Inktense pencils (watercolor pencils that have amazing color and lots of pigment), watercolor in spray bottles, some new acrylic paints by Golden that are luminescent (yes, I went to Jerry's Artarama in Colorado while there), some other luminescent paints I had on hand, Sharpie paint markers,  and oil pastels.  I chose a color palette off of ColourLovers website but it seems that I got carried away,  This was such a good exercise for my brain and just plain fun to do! 
Mixed media is a real kick!   
What are you doing to get yourself going this year with your ART??

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!