Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A Pastel Painting of a Cat

Oregon pastel artist, Kitty Wallis, no longer markets her archival sanded pastel art paper. It is out of production, as many of you pastelists may know.  Luckily, she had some leftovers she was willing to sell, so I decided to take the plunge and purchase 100 sheets from her.  I was limited to what she had left, which was 9" x 12" sheets of warm mist.  I received my bulk order last week.  

Yesterday, I jumped right in.  Using it ~ is the best thing for doing pastels in my opinion.  I don't think I have ever completely bombed a piece of it.  UArt makes great pastel sanded paper as well, but having 100 sheets of this stuff is like having the GOLD of Fort Knox, to me.  I don't know what I will do when it runs dry?  Art done from a friend's photo.

"Among the Alstros" ©
9" x 12"
pastel on Wallis sanded paper
 (Staying home is so important right now.  We, in the U.S. need to make it through this virus pandemic.  I'm staying home, are you?) 

1 comment:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Stunning cat, the fur looks real.
Staying home isn't new for me, but I am staying home more.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!