Sunday, March 8, 2020

Where I Stand Sunday

WE have always done our own Income Tax each year.  With a 'business' added on to the 'personal' filing, it takes extra time.  I am in that 'time' - and I say 'I' because I am the one who does most of it.  I am actually after it a bit earlier than usual. It took a slow start, as I also needed to paint to get something for the first art show of the season at 3rd Street.  I had some travel and visits, as well.  I didn't want to jump both feet in, til I had all my 'irons in the fire' cooled off, so to speak.  

So, here I stand, and sit, and grovel...days upon days - of reconciling, digging, running figures - I am an ARTIST, NOT a bookkeeper and a very reluctant one at that.  Each year as I finish up, I consider doing the whole thing differently...and then the next year comes along and it just doesn't happen. Time to mull it all over is not a problem, anyway.  I seem to have time.  But to me it's like going to the Dr. or Dentist for a dreaded appointment, having something done you don't want, like a root canal or a colonoscopy..ha ha.



"Where I Stand Sunday" is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend
my life standing.  Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend out lives walking on.
I am not the only one who posts about this - google it.

2 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

You aren't alone.
This week is sorting out papers, putting everything in one place by date. The joy requires pastries.

Pattie Wall said...

Pastries for sure! And for me, lots of caffeine.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!