Sunday, January 2, 2011

Where I Stand Sunday and Finding a Gem


"Lake Tealwood Decoy"
20" x 24"
pastel on Canson Mi-Tientes
While cleaning the studio, I came across some OLD photos of my artwork of yesteryear. We are talking mid - 80's. Since I have a nifty slide/negative reader/converter I thought I would show you what I used to do, many moons ago...while I am still busy organizing all my STUFF.
This artpiece was done for my Aunt and Uncle. They traded me for a handmade quilt. I still have the quilt and this pastel still hangs over their fireplace in the main house.
For weeks, we have been in awe of the weather around the U.S., especially on the western coast and the upper midwest/eastern coast.  It seemed to be all around us.  During this time would have chilly days and nice warmer days. That jet stream would be right over us that was creating all the 'ills' for the other parts of the country.  We finally got some much needed moisture.  And the earth is finally in it's deep freeze - frozen good and hard.  Blowing snow and very cold temps have arrived.  Nice sun though.  We have been without sun for a long time - but it's shining big and bright now.  My feet have been traveling overtime between house and studio. 
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on.


No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!