Thursday, July 21, 2011

An Oil Painting of Tulips

"Afternoon Solace"
oil on wrapped canvas
10" x 20"
I noticed that there is a shine on this photo.  Will take another when it is drier. 
I was inspired by visiting photos of my own work.  If you remember, some time ago I did a pastel of tulips (click on that phrase to see it).  I love this format, longer than taller. 
The previous one was small,
but I liked the colors of blue and pink and wanted to go larger.
I love also that it doesn't need a frame.
Here are the sides ~ the subject continues around the edges.


I waited to sign the work until it laid flat.
I have trouble signing my name when it is upright.
Look for this one for sale on Etsy, soon.
With all the heat, I have been spending lots more time in the studio, therefore, this title has a double meaning!
I see a big dark sky off to the south, I hope it is some RAIN!!

1 comment:

Diane Hoeptner said...

Pretty! Continuing the painting around the edges really gives it a 3D effect.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!