Monday, July 4, 2011

Where I Stood Sunday

On one hand, these flowers and plants are sitting beneath and under the cover of my large cedar tree due to the constant everyday heat...a couple of them have dried and wilted, even after being drenched in water early in the day.  On the other hand, they are here for protection from hail and straightline winds in the middle of the night.  I decided to keep them here for a few more days.  The heat has been near or over 100 degrees day after day.  It's wheat harvest.  We have both been working our seasonal jobs, he in the fields, me in the grain elevator office. 
Then it all slowed due to the rain yesterday. 
We both may be done now. He ~ because the person he was working for is done clearing his fields, me ~ the current frequency of trucks arriving at the elevator does not warrant extra help.  The planting and growing season varied between the south and the north of this county in Kansas, therefore the time of the harvest is sporadic.
Most of our time is being spent finishing up the chicken coop.  Had these photos ready yesterday but once I got into the house last night...I didn't get them on the computer.



No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!