Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Pastel Self-Portrait

"Self Portrait with Dog"
8" x 10"
pastel 
on Strathmore black pastel paper

Practicing my faces - some make it to this blog, 
some do not.
This one is the nearest likeness to ME that I have ever done, 
except one in college - 
which I no longer have for some reason.
After looking at it, there is one area that needs some 
clarifying..my hand holding the dog's paw.  
An issue that I dealt with, I went after this 'alla prima' - 
didn't leave any room at the bottom of the surface
for that detail to be sorted out visually - 
it's right on the edge of the paper.  
Can't crop it, will lose the dog's face.  Paint and learn.

2 comments:

suzanneberry said...

i love your portrait work pattie! this is wonderful. i've missed so much! off to see more.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Suz - I am workin on it...

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!