Sunday, June 22, 2014

An Oil Painting of Roses for Today

"Fresh"
SOLD
9" x 12"
oil on canvasboard
Prints and notecards of this piece can be purchased 
at my Fine Art America space

It's been several weeks since I last painted.  So many things have stood in the way..like those seasonal changes of things that have to be taken care of - in addition to extra chores and upkeep here - oh, and sewing for my 'girls'..
Took a trip to Colorado a week ago to spend time with my daughter and her family and to restock the gallery and hang some things in the flower shop where my daughter works.  (See last post)

This is painted from the roses that were on the kitchen table at my daughter's house.
I liked the way the filtered light captured and sparkled in the vase.
The wood grain of the table enhances it's octagonal shape.

I

2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

A real pleasure to see such a beautiful and well painted floral. Love the light you captured.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks for stopping by Julie, I appreciate your nice comment!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!