Thursday, April 16, 2020

Dusting off the Cobwebs

In the past several years, I step out there and re-visit portrait painting..particularly in watercolor. This desire goes way back to the days of being really serious and taking portraiture classes from some very good portrait artists.  It never got it's foothold in my painting repertoire. But darn it, I want to DO it better!

I feel proficient in oil, pastel, acrylic, pencil, but NOT watercolor.  I feel I can get a decent 'likeness' of the subject, but NOT this medium for this purpose.  

SOOooooo...I recently joined a Patreon group with Ali Cavanaugh, for some learning time.  She paints in watercolor like no other when it comes to portraits...she has those skintones dialed-in.  There is much support within the group of artists there..we DISCORD in a group called Ali Gators...I feel like a kid again.  Here are a few of my portrait attempts in past years, 
watercolor

pastel

oil

oil

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!