Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Greetings from Within


"Cinnamon Rabbit"
pastel on Wallis
12" x 9"
Source photo by Michael Ryan

For me, Easter has always been a moment to reflect on the Earth's offerings 
of beauty and new beginnings.  With the current world pandemic situation,
it's hard to find my way to that true realization 
of joy and peace.
I search for hope everyday...I see it in a faint glimmer, way on down the 
calendar.  I am one of those at high risk - health-wise - if I contracted this virus it might be deadly. 
I am on the cusp of that high risk age group.  
I even have to wear a mask to do pastels these days, as the pastel dust
stirs up my asthma.
But a mask totally protects me in this arena.  

Going out to do shopping or to get mail and wearing a protective mask
does not give me that sense of security, mainly because
many others choose NOT to wear a mask.  I get it, it's not cool, 
or comfortable, or these 'others' think they are immune.

People who aren't heeding the rules right now, are doing so with such
SELFISHNESS.
I get it that they need to return to work - they have bills to pay.
However, I know some who have totally disregarded 'stay at home and keeping distance'.
They only prolong this for the rest of us.
Show some responsibility...step up and be a man....we are all in this together.

Right now, I just have ONE hope for myself, a test that 
shows I have immunity or anti-bodies. That might
be a real stretch, since our govt. can't even procure testing for
whether you have the virus or not.
But THAT IS MY HOPE - today, on Easter Sunday.
Have a good one.


1 comment:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I hope your Sunday was pleasant.

Stay well and safe

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!