Sunday, April 5, 2020

Where I Stand Sunday with Music

When we moved back to Colorado from Kansas, somehow, our 2 guitars and amp got left behind.  I am not sure, but we think we had them staged in our quonset hut and then drove off without them.
Long story, short, for Christmas this year, we went to Guitar Center in Pueblo and got all new stuff. An acoustic 6 string for me, an electric for him, two amps and the accessories to make it a successful time to play.  I have played guitar since I was 15 or so, back in the days of  the Vietnam war with it's protest and folk songs being cranked out and played on the radio and music and dance shows galore. 

Our neighbor recently gave us HER electric guitar, of which I put new strings on and bought a 3rd amp for.  I bought the large YAMAHA keyboard and stand in the photo, when we lived in Golden, back in the 90's.  My mom was a piano teacher, we always had a piano or organ at home, I took piano lessons for years, never became very good, but with time devoted to a piece, I can read the music. 
I actually play mostly BY EAR.

So we are set.  We have loads of music books and sheet music we have downloaded,
 along with tons of mp3 recordings or CD.  We both love music and it almost always playing at our house and garage and studio.

Funny, my DH and I were an 'item' back in HS, then we split, each got married to someone else, those matches eventually didn't work out and we got BACK together 20 years ago.
We had a little folk group we dinked around with back in the late 60's.  
I have kept a sacred (to me) little notebook where we wrote ideas, lyrics and cords.  
Something happened to the feed on this blogpost, the photos I added are gone..and I have erased them off my phone.



(Neil Young)

I don't play as well as I used to, but that doesn't say 'I can't'.
"Stay at Home" is sure to bring it back, arthritis or not.

Me, in my room, age 19...with a 12 string (which I loved).  You go along in life
and wonder, where in the world did THAT go to???  Don't recall...must have been sold - when I needed money or something.


How about you??  Do you play an instrument, like to sing, like a certain kind of music??

"Where I Stand Sunday" is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing.  Too often we take for granted the every day places we spend our lives walking on.



2 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Music is the soul's voice. Without music, our souls would need a hearing aid. I still have my 65 year old high school kazoo.

Pattie Wall said...

I agree, but add to that 'art'. With idle time added to our days (assuming you are on 'stay at home' mode), you should get kazoo cranking!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!