Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chaco - and not the canyon

I like the format of a square canvas. This one is 12" x 12". Sometimes, I anguish over the art I am working on. Number 1, I don't have time right now to work anymore than a few hours at a time, and I work best if I can work part of a day on a piece. That leads to problem number 2, the paint dries on the canvas between workings, and I have trouble with that. I completely took the dog out of the painting and added him back, and still am not liking the way it is going, but after sleeping on it, I have a few ideas for it's improvement. After wiping out the dog, last night, I inadvertently wiped into the cloth contrast and shadow I had going at the top, so had to start that over. Does it ever go that way for you? I haven't started the folds on the cloth at the bottom of the painting around the dog. So, this one is a challenge! Wendy MacNaughton states it well. She just posted on her blog "learning a thing or two about failure recently, I've decided to keep trying. If not for the final product, for the process." Thanks for sharing that Wendy - it brings my mind to a place where I can deal with this today. I AM experiencing the process on this one!
Supposed to be cooler here today, hope it is where you are.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!