Friday, August 1, 2008

A Painting for Tomorrow


This is a 'start' of an oil painting of one of my dogs, Chaco, the red dachshund. I have had this photo in my 'to do' pile for some time. He was sitting on a chair, with lots of pluffy's (what 'we' call dog blankets, and interestingly so, the dogs understand that word) and he is really gettin' into the warmth. I think there was about 3 pluffy's on this chair. I love to paint photos with high contrast, although painting in oil at times still feels foreign to me. But....I DO LOVE IT ! This one will need lots of work in the 'folds in the blankets' department. That's where I will go next. I don't want to overwork it, because I have loosely painted in the dog, and kind of like it the way it is.

Sorry for the glare of the flash, I had to go to the studio after dark, dodging the big toads (they are the poisonous kind) on my way (look out Herman), and steal a flash photo or two. It's so nice now in the studio, we were thinking of sleeping out there. It has enough space in it, and we set up the futon last week, and the AC doesn't blast you out of bed. It's a nice cool, not obnoxiously so, like our itsy bitsy bedroom is. Thought we would sit out awhile at dusk, there weren't mosq, then they showed up. DRAT! Working on the kitchen tomorrow. Meant to today, but didn't get to it. So hope I can get back to this before my palette starts to dry out.

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

This is going to be a terrific painting, Pattie! Love Chaco's shadow on the back of the chair. And OILS, too! Yahooo!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!