Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Work in Progress and Turnips


SOLD 
Work in Progress - side by side longboats on Mystic Harbor, 16" x 20" oil on stretched canvas
I am trying not to "noodle" this one. Have worked on it for two days now. There is a little shine from the wet paint. It is the same boats as last week, different photo perspective. I think I am done just below the boats in the water...there is lots of 'stuff' in the boats, and I am taking some of it out, too much detail and I don't want to clutter it. I am not a photo-realist painter. I think making the ropes work is important. It was in the last one. They aren't happenin' yet and I am leaving them in, there are a lot of twists and curls around the bows.

A man who lives near by and is the brother of the woman who owned this farmstead, brings us turnips every fall. They grow them in the big fields. I don't know if you can tell, but these are HUGE! He says he likes them by grating them and putting dressing on them. I like to just slice off a chunk and eat it. For sure, these will be a subject of a future painting or pastel. Love the purple color!


No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!