Sunday, April 26, 2009

WIP – Carousel Stallion

horseride

I have a little more to do on this one.  I am doing this series because the other day a wandering thought came to mind.  I vividly remembered standing along the carousel at (old) Elitch Gardens in Denver trying to think about what horse or animal I would run to and try to snag…before someone else got it once the ride came to a stop.  If I didn’t get one that went up and down, I got off until the next “go round”.  The stationary ones were for “sissies”.  I loved carousels (and still do – although I haven’t seen one in a long time)! I am working on these in pastel.  There will be three.  The third one is a surprise!

Do you have a carousel close to where you are?

2 comments:

Leann said...

Yes, there is a wonderful carousel at the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village. Come see.

Pattie Wall said...

I would love to. I think one of these is from that carousel...I think the goat.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!