Sunday, October 10, 2010

Where I Stand Sunday

Steps in progression..
first I stood over the inside elevator grate, where they dump the grain from the trucks.
which is right inside that lighted doorway...

Next I stood on this platform, in this cage...

with doors shut and pushed the UP button.  Up, up, up about 150 feet inside the elevator.
So I could stand here...

at the top of the elevator. Tyler (my boss) is standing there with me.  I am so afraid of heights..but I wanted so badly to go up here and see my world from a different perspective.  Wow!

To the west...

to the North...you can see the new CORN bunker in the center of the photo.

Oh look!  There's my car and the fertilizer shed and the scale where the trucks pull on to weigh their grain!

My house and property are in those nearest set of trees - right in the center along the horizon. 

Another view from above.  Ya,  Kansas IS flat in many parts...but where there are trees, I think it helps to break up the landscape.  I got a new view of my 'hood' from up here.

A close-up of the tallest part of the drive-inside elevator.
Oh look, Steve is coming back from the West pit - having dumped his load of milo into the bins there.  Better get back to it.



A few more shots and I am ready to descend back to the ground.
All I can say is, "Very cool!!"
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. If you'd like to join me and a few others (who faithfully post this day) by posting a photo on Sunday of places you've been on your blog/photo hosting site/website, leave me a message or a comment and we will include you in our fun.

3 comments:

Leann said...

What a great view!!

shirley fachilla said...

You found an overlook in Kansas! Very inventive of you.
Loved the previous photo series as well and your style with pastels.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Leann and Shirley. An overlook for certain!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!