Sunday, October 31, 2010

Where I Stand Sunday

We aren't really standing, we are underneath the truck, with our feet on the frame, looking at the serial number of the "hydrovac".  The hydro is an interesting piece of equipment that we are still trying to understand what it does and how it works with the brakes.  The brakes locked up on us recently - while at the landfill.  Interesting how we got it unstuck, well enough to drive it back home.  Then they were stuck again, then we unstuck them, now it's driven around without touching the brake, or it will lock up again...once we figure out this 'hydrovac' we will be back in business.  Don't worry it doesn't go off the farmstead for now.  Little by little, this truck is being redone (I like to think of it as 'remodeled'...cause I can remodel just about anything at this point in my life).
1950 Chevy - 1 1/2 ton truck
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. If you'd like to join me and a few others (who faithfully post this day) by posting a photo on Sunday of places you've been on your blog/photo hosting site/website, leave me a message or a comment and we will include you in our fun.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!