Sunday, June 12, 2011

Where I Stand Sunday - long ago

I just ran across this 'gem' a few days back and thought - "Hey, I never shared this set-up from my Guatemala trip a few years ago."  On Day 8 of a 12 day trip, the whole group I was with, visited a woman, Candis Krummel (X- Patriot) who lives near Lake Atitlan, Guatemala. She runs a non-profit organization for native weavers in the area..and sells to big named upscale department stores and art museums back in the states. 
It's a wonderful organization called Cojolya

This little girl is her grandaughter and their dog (I have more photos of this dog being rolled and taunted with - such a cool dog for a child - it didn't seem to care one bit).  The little girl was quite the sprite. She followed us all around while we were touring the settlement where the woman lived.  It was awesome.  The lady invited us to a formal original Guatemalan luncheon, complete with homemade wine.
Here she is, little Florencia...I can't believe I missed this photo to share with you!
Great memories from that painting trip - I will never forget it!
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing.
Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on.
There are several others who also write this on Sunday, see sidebar.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Wonderful photos! I'm glad you found them.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!