Saturday, April 29, 2017

Great Horned Owl in Pastel and Watercolor

"Nightwatch"
pastel and watercolor on
Art Spectrum Colourfix sanded paper
mounted on gatorboard
9" x 13.5"

Had to force myself to stop before I covered up
all the great texture I created on the underpainting
with watercolor.  Sometimes I DON'T stop
and take it too far and then it is
impossible to return to that spot 
where I jumped in with too much zeal!

Calling it done. 
It will be framed and entered into the
ANAC Annual Traveling Show,
hopefully.  I'll let you know.



2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

This will be a fabulous addition to the show - a one of a kind, for sure!
(Glad you stopped, too - perfect timing!)

Pattie Wall said...

Thank Chris, glad you said 'glad you stopped' I was just about to revisit it and probably take it beyond appreciating those little nuggets that are in the background.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!