Monday, April 10, 2017

Queen of My Heart

"Queen of Hearts"
12" x 16"
Arches 140 lb. cold press
watercolor and pastel mix

This is my granddaughter Sterling, who had a couple
of Halloween costumes this past year.  Several great
photos were sent my way and I put this one
in the digital divide.  It worked perfect for the
textured watercolor under painting I completed 
several weeks ago.
That 'bright light' hitting her face (I think she was
standing in front of the TV) was hard to
translate without changing it totally.  Light
can hit the eye that intensely from the giant screens.
But, I like the effect of the bright rimming light
on her turned face..so kept it that way
and tried hard to make it seem real
and not creepy.



2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Wow! Beautiful. Love your lost and found edges.
What a wonderful keepsake for your family!!

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Chris - this was a little piece of my heart - she is the sweetest little cherub.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!