Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Plein Air Painting for Today

" Old Elm" - 4" x 6" oil on Ampersand Claybord

Today was such a beautiful, calm day, that I thought I would catch a little afternoon painting "plein air". I have always wanted to paint the mighty elm tree that stands in our driveway. It has been through hell, most of it's life. We almost lost it two years ago in the hail and wind storm. There is even a chain from a child's swing growing in the trunk. We are lucky it's still standing. We love that old tree.

When the fields around us get planted or harvested, this time of year, a zillion ladybugs are on the fly. They must have a big job to do in the fields. We have been inundated with millipedes, then "cluster" flies and now ladybugs - and this afternoon, they are all out there!

I had them all over my back, says hubster, as I was painting.
GUESS THAT MEANS I AM REALLY LUCKY!!!!

When I came in to post and stir the spaghetti sauce, I had to make sure none flew into the crockpot. LOL.



ON top of my pochade box and all around the backdoor, waiting to come in!

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!