Sunday, October 19, 2008

Where I Stand Sunday

Around these parts, everyone is talking 'harvest'. With eminent cold and wet weather coming later this week, harvest has become a priority. Today, hubster will help harvest the corn...and that decision was made earlier today, however, since he is kinda 'on call', we just found out. You just never know. It's all about the moisture content of certain crops. There is worry that if there's ice next week, it will take down the milo crop. We hope not.

BTW - I took this photo this morning as I stood next to the combine, as it reminds me of my dad and my grandfather. I would spend a few weeks a summer when I was little at Grandma and Grandpa's and experience 'harvest' and learn what my dad grew up with -
the stuff that goes on around where I now live.

Full circle? Just about. It's kinda 'my roots' that are showing their impressive head today.

Today is Dad's 83rd birthday. Happy Birthday, Dad, with love, your daughter.

P.S. I am on my way to our quarterly NCKAA (North Central Kansas Artists Association) meeting this afternoon.
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

1 comment:

Leann said...

That's a big tire!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!