Sunday, October 26, 2008

Where I Stand Sunday

Apples - the last of the pick.
Flies, wasps and ladybugs
not to mention a few deer in the night,
have delighted in the few that are left.
Flavorably sweet and crisp,
ready for the last choosing.
These are the last apples from our most fruitful apple tree this year. We tried them earlier this season - too tart, so because it isn't in our view every day, we kind of forgot about it, until recently. These are the best apples we have ever had. Other sights today were the sandhill cranes flying back overhead, headed for the south. A definite sign of season's change. Here is a photo of some flocks of blackbirds, circling over to the south of the studio. What a swarm! They obliterated the sun at one point.








Mom and I have a standing joke. Before my granddaughter was born over a year ago, we both started a baby blanket. I gave mine up and started a new one. She is still on the first one. Our joke is that they will be finished for her high school graduation. LOL! Well, mom, I finished mine while I watched OSU just barely lose today to Texas - good game, go Cowboys! Had to get this blanket done, I have more crocheting and knitting I want to do this winter. I like the way it came out, I designed a little ruffle around the edge. It's much better than my first attempt this past year. Karin's challenge for this week is done. I will post it tomorrow. I like the way it turned out.

Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!