Thursday, February 4, 2010

An Oil Painting...Finished

"Jee and Haw"
8" x 16"
oil on canvasboard
SOLD
This one is finished.  I could keep painting more, but I don't want to cross all the T's and dot all the I's.  I did want to include all those cool stud looking parts, as they are a part of the decoration that depicts the hames (harness get-up).  Some hames are pretty elaborate!  "Jee" is the word you say to go right and "Haw" is the word you say to go left.  Listing on Etsy here
Snowing here today...it's like a Spring snow...very wet.
 

6 comments:

Ellen Burkett said...

The power of those horses comes right through. The light is great especially on the leather. Beautiful strong horses. What could be more wonderful?
I remember hearing the "jee" and "haw" in the old R&R song, "Pony Time" by Chubby Checker. Just thought I'd share. :o)

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Ellen, I remember that too! Isn't it funny how well we remember songs and lyrics?

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Oh they are so beautiful.
Beautiful powerful piece.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Irit!

Susan Carlin said...

Wow, Pattie! This is so terrific. Love the wide format, too. Beautifully painted, my friend.

Barbara Pask said...

This is a gorgeous painting Pattie, I always like paintings with horses. I need to paint one, lol.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!