Sunday, February 21, 2010

Where I Stood (Saturday)

Brought my painting equipment in the house due to an all day experience I will tell you about. Dogs couldn't withstand the cold and snow all day.  Set up my computer and tables and oil paints by the north light for an online painting workshop with Susan Carlin - all day - and into the evening, as well.
We all painted along with her, from the same still life photo.  I will include mine when I tweak the last bit of it.  About 16 artists participated. We had a good day, we got a lot done.  Susan's expertise was very helpful..she is a master.  I could listen to her every day and know that I would be a better painter for it.  She is going to offer some more of these online paint workshops, so please check in with her from time to time and be a part of it. It's fun and you definitely learn something new, even if you have painted for awhile.
http://susansartjournal.blogspot.com/
This is my temporary set-up in my small living room...notice it's snowing again...this morning we have several inches.  Brrr.
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. If you'd like to join me by posting a photo on Sunday of places you've been on your blog/photo hosting site/website, leave a comment on this post telling me where I can find you/your photo and I'll add a link to my sidebar so others can find you.


 


1 comment:

Mark Bridges said...

Snowing? What did you do with all the warm weather I sent you just the other day? Don't tell me you got a sunburn sitting in the hot tub. Well it looks cozy there painting by the window. :)

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!