Wednesday, January 23, 2013

7 More to Go - But Who's Counting?

"Harlough"
6" x 6"
oil on Arches OLEO
NFS

Day 23 - of 30 in 30

This is the hen that I painted as a 'chick'  - 
back on Day 12.
I like the way the orange on the sunlit edge turned out - simply stated!
I tried hard for loose and painterly, too!
She is a sassy girl!  Her name - Harlough.  

Chicken magazines say you 
shouldn't name your chickens,
but we did from the get-go.  They are Harlough
Queenie (the rooster - but when he was a chick - 
he was the prettiest...
hence, Queenie, and when he grew up - 
it just fit
and Chickenator
a tiny Banty hen (same age as everyone else),
 whom I shall paint tomorrow - 
don't want any bias or discrimination 
going on in the chicken yard!
Problem is, she is the same color as the dirt...challenge!

OK folks, only 7 paintings in 7 days left.  
I think I am going to make it!
Especially using this ~ I LOVE THIS STUFF ~ Arches oil paper.
Big party when I am done.  Maybe some Mexican food 
and a giant Margarita will be in order!  Y'all are invited!!  
Ha, ha (any excuse for that Mexican food)!

A willing and happy participant in 

3 comments:

Maria Baluis said...

I am definitely counting along with you! Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog. As you know, this challenge is much easier when you have a little encouragement along the way. Love your painting #21!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Laughing at her sassy name. You have great humor.
Love the colors and feeling of movement.
Seven more days are nuthin'!!! You are on a roll.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Julie and Maria - as I comment here, we have 4 more to go - I AM counting!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!