Saturday, November 1, 2014

A Watercolor of Some Pumpkins for Fall

"Scarlett's Jack-O-Lanterns"
11" x 14"
watercolor and colored pencil on Arches

Fall is my favorite time of year.  Colors of the leaves, crisp fall air, chilling temps - 
all commands a difference
in activities.  
 Halloween time - fun!  
I like Halloween things all year long - the colors, the images, the excitement -
it helps to transform fall into winter for me.
We have been busy changing the scene for winter at the farmstead.

This is a painting of my granddaughter's carved pumpkins 
last year when she was 6 years old.
I think the tall one, looks just like
one of her many drawings back then.  
So nice to see her able to transpose it to a jack-o-lantern
face.  The lights in their faces at dusk creates that special mood.


No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!