8" x 10"
oil on wrapped canvas
Today would have been a complete bust, and I wouldn't
have painted had it not been for my husband
who is truly an encourager sent from above.
I spent the morning - varnishing some works that are going "bye bye".
I got my substrates ready for today and tomorrow with
some Quinacridone Azo Nickel Gold acrylic undertone.
Then, I wanted to go to a faraway town for Mexican food.
So we went and THEN we spent too long out and about.
By 3:30 I was still muddling over what to paint - as
it was going to be a 9" x 12", then I lost my
momentum and decided on something smaller
than I had originally planned. Again, I would have
walked away from the studio at this point,
but was nudged back into my challenge mode.
THEN - - - - it didn't work..I don't seem to have the colors to mix
that crazy magenta-y pink I see in this Daylily.
It is, what it IS.
I also fixed a previous painting this morning..which had
too much paint on it the other day, and I just couldn't
bring up enough contrast.
It was dry enough today to do that.
Sometimes a few more added brushstrokes and a lighter color
can move a 'meh' painting into something
more to my liking.
FOR SALE ON ETSY.
Ready to be done with 30 in 30. Harder and harder to paint everyday this go round.
My heart is just NOT into it.