Thursday, January 5, 2017

DAY 5 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days (Barn)

"Still Here"
6" x 6"
oil on birch panel

This one is small and it drove me nuts today.  The source
photo was taken of an old barn in Wisconsin - 
on a dreary grey day, but I changed it to 
a blue sky, then I had the values all wrong almost throughout the
piece.  Eventually, I just started mixing it up and slinging paint - if that 
what you call it on a tiny painting..but it felt like it.
Ended up with heavy thick paint, which shines in the photo.

Available for purchase, just email me.
Just an FYI - still wet - so it will be awhile to get it 
posted for sale or able to ship.




3 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Ha! They all drive me nuts! But seriously, you've got a winner here, Pattie - a sweet gem!

Mariela said...

Your paintings are so beautiful!!

Pattie Wall said...

Chris - yes, I would agree - but only because of the challenge, left to my own, right now, I wouldn't be painting - that's just the way I feel, but pushing myself gets me down the road so I probably WILL paint more after Jan. I was headed for a dimmer year on painting, now there is hope.
Mariela - thanks!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!