Tuesday, January 31, 2017

DAY 31 - the Finale Poster of Painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days for Jan. 2017

As you may have noticed in my sidebar are OTHER seasons and years of 
"Painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days"
Here is this years poster.

I would be remiss in stating that I have LOVED every minute of it.
When one stands back and looks at the breadth and depth of an
undertaking like this, it blows you away.

The very best part of looking at these posters collectively
is to notice the growth and change that has occurred over 
time.  This year, I wanted to just paint, but got caught up
in painting more floral paintings then I ever have.
Along with landscapes, florals have not always been 
very comfortable to me.
But now they are much more welcomed.

I have my favorites (there are 3 or 4) they pop right out at me on the poster.
There are others that make me cringe to add them to the mix.
It's hard for me to paint something in one day although it didn't
used to bother me - I find
I wanted to have just one more day to finalize and develop a piece
on some of these.
but then the spontaneity and freshness would have surely failed.

As a whole, I am pleased with my efforts...I know what I have 
learned - mostly - I continue to pull my subject matter
up into the light and give it more color. I am more confident
at color mixing and using acrylic paint as a medium.
But my very kindred medium is still OIL paint.
One of my pushes was to LOOSEN up more on the 
brushstrokes to not be so exacting and precise
in my depictions (it has always been that) to be more painterly..
and I think I achieved that
where it was wanted.

A final note of thanks to those who regularly visited and 
left encouragement and supportive comments.
It was nice to have the company with this
undertaking..I have enjoyed seeing your
paintings and reading about your efforts.

6 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Incredible work! Congratulations, Pattie!

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you Chris Lally!!

Unknown said...

Pattie, beautiful painting!!!

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you Olga!

Sheila said...

Wonderful work! Congratulations on a beautiful month!

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you Sheila!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!