Friday, April 4, 2008

"Gimme Shelter"


"Gimme Shelter" - 8" x 10" oil on canvasboard
See this one at Etsy.
There! I think I did 5 paintings this week...all 'still life's' in the shadowbox. This one came out a little more realistic than the rest. It may have something to do with the new tunes I can listen to?
I want to go with something bigger now, but what did I do? Toned a new "little" canvas. These small ones are habit forming. 'A painting a day' is a piece of cake at this size.
Tomorrow a couple of us in NCKAA are working on new 'title' cards for our organization, to list particulars about our artwork in shows. So a trip to Dispatch, then Downs with Jan to Gary's studio, then Jan and I are having lunch in Downs! Yippee! I hardly ever get out, can you tell?

2 comments:

Leann said...

This series is amazing!! I can't believe how much painting you're doing! I hope you remembered to file an extension for those taxes!

Pattie Wall said...

Unfortunately, it's just a matter of writin' the check at this point. Grrr.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!