Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tiger Swallowtail


"Tiger Swallowtail" - matted size 16" x 20", pastel on Strathmore pastel paper


I must say - doing these last two - butterflies - has been a lot of fun! I love the colors and the shapes I find in their wings. The translucent appearance is also tricky.
This pastel paper is so thin. I will have to store it very soon in the file I created for thin paper pieces of art, to keep them from buckling once it turns humid. I am thinking of using spray adhesive and mounting it to a board. (I never have a lot of luck with that, but keep trying.) And gee...if the wind would ever stop, I could probably do "just that" outside. They say it has been about 25 - 35 MPH, but I think some gusts are about 50 mph. Of all the weather we have, this is the one I just loathe. Don't mean to complain...but give us a break!
Oh ya, the credit for the photo goes to my friend, once again!
$150.00, unframed
Free shipping and handling






No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!